Wednesday, September 5, 2012

RUN!

So these past few weeks have been a little bit difficult for me.  I'm not sure if I'm just in a rut because Mia's birthday party is over and now Labor Day is over...both of those things just seemed to smack me in the face and remind me that summer is coming to a close.  Which  means that lake season will soon be over....and wearing flip-flops will soon be unacceptable(although I have worn them in freezing rain before...not snow, but definitely in freezing rain).  There are some redeeming qualities that fall brings....thankfully there will soon be an amazing lineup of tv shows.  Which ones are you looking forward to?  I would say that my top 3 will be Revenge, Parenthood, and Grey's Anatomy.  And I guess it's nice to be able to open the windows in the house and let some crisp air in.  Other than that....I'd be happy for summer to stay a little (or a lot) while longer.

Labor Day fun :)  Mia and I share nachos wherever we go!

An evening boat-ride to the ice cream shop.  Does it get any better than that? 

Why does summer have to end?

So....like I said, I've been in a rut.  I keep telling Rob that I just don't feel motivated lately....and that's very strange for me because usually I'm so inspired and thrilled to be doing my work.  But then just last week I got a last-minute request for some fun running-themed cookies.  Running is something I'm not familiar with. At all.  I ran a 5k once when I was like 10 years old.  The end.  That's my experience with running.

But this running shoe cookie project kind of inspired me to just pick up the pace a little bit and kick my butt back into gear.  People can run 26 miles in a row...without stopping to eat a cookie.  I'm pretty sure that I can handle mixing some icing and creating some spongebob cookies or wedding dresses or whatever!  26 miles!  Without any cookies!  It's amazing. 

These were a replica of Brian's marathon running shoes

his runner number is his birthday ;)

So I'm officially back.  I'm gearing up for the biggest cookie holidays of the year.  I'm stocking up on supplies, making lots of to-do lists, folding bakery boxes, and getting my eyes checked.  Yeah seriously, I think I need to get my eyes checked before making Christmas cookies.  I seem to be slightly losing my once-perfect vision at the ripe old age of 30.  Damn. 

Please stay tuned for lots of fun Halloween designs...and maybe another Halloween cookie giveaway will be in the future!  Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment