Friday, July 27, 2012

un-American?

I have a confession to make.  I don't like the Olympics. 

Anyone still here?  You don't hate me for being so un-American? 

Don't get me wrong...I'm a big fan of patriotism.  I sometimes cry when I hear the Star Spangled Banner at sporting events and I'm diligently trying to teach Mia the pledge of Allegiance.  (WITH "God Bless America" at the end....that's how I was taught and that's just how it should be. Period.)

So every 4 years when the Olympics come around I always feel like...this might be the year.  Maybe, just maybe I'll get it into this year.  And then I don't. 

There is a glisten of hope this year...all because of cookies!  I got a request for Olympics cookies and it gave me a chance to translate something I don't really love into something sugary and sweet!  So maybe I've turned a new leaf and I'm an Olympics fan after all.  Or maybe I'm still just a fan of cookies.  Either way, GO USA! 





And while we're on the topic of confessions....I need to tell you this, too.  I DESPISE Shark Week and how everyone gets excited about it.  But that's a topic for another day.

USA! USA! USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment