Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Here we go!

Well I hope that everyone had a very Merry Christmas and a spectacular New Year! 

It's 2012 and my cookie business is a little over 7 months old.  That's so hard to believe!  My first major holiday season went pretty well.  I must admit that I was SO nervous about the Christmas cookie demand.  I had to say "no" to some order requests and that really broke my heart.  But I had told myself all along that I could only take on as much as I could handle.  My schedule at work is so crazy in December so I had even less time than usual to devote to baking.  Every minute of every day became quickly scheduled with things to do starting around December 10th.  I was waking up really early every morning and baking late into the nights after work.  I had a written schedule of what needed to be done each morning and evening.  Organization was definitely the key.  Checking off my list each AM and PM made me feel so accomplished.  I'd be going to bed at 2 AM and say "ROB!! I'm on schedule for today!" 

And on the 24th...once the last of the cookie orders had been delivered, picked up, mailed, etc. I actually had about an hour to decorate some cookies for my family.  It was the best hour of the whole season.  Somehow I was able to let go of all of the stress and really enjoy making some cookies for the people that I love the most. 

Christmas was just amazing this year.  Mia was just so much fun...I can't even begin to explain the magic that I saw through her eyes.  She was such a trooper going to party after party...I'm pretty sure that she ate about 2 dozen cookies and maybe 50-60 Ritz crackers over the span of 5 days and 7 or 8 holiday parties.  Oh...and she ate 5 pierogies on Christmas Eve.  She's definitely her father's daughter :)

I had to go back to work on the 26th and then it was back to baking on the 27th.  I still had some holiday cookie orders to complete and a birthday order, too.  And now here it is the new year...and this week is really busy for cookie orders!  I seriously hope that this week is a sign that 2012 is going to be a great year for cookies :)

Here are some pictures of a really fun order that I did the week after Christmas.  My customer gave me a list of her niece's and nephew's initials and asked that I make each of them a cookie to give to them with their Christmas gifts.  It gave me such a great idea that someday I can use letter cookies as gift tags for my kids!  (Note to self:  If I have any children in the future DO NOT give them a name that starts with M.  It would totally ruin this idea).

 I really had fun with the different patterns on each letter

LOVE the J

I think the K was my favorite in this group :)

I texted this to Rob and he thought that I made them for him.  LOL....oops!
Here are some other pictures of cookies from the season.  I didn't take pictures of 90% of the cookies that I made simply because I just forgot :(  But I do have some pictures so here ya go....




And for those of you who haven't seen Mia in awhile...here's my little baker-in-training:
LOVE OF MY LIFE

No comments:

Post a Comment